Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Snow Day Activity

I started playing volleyball when I was in fifth grade, at first I chose to play just because I thought that I would feel like the odd ball out in my family if I didn't.  My dad was, and still is, a coach, and all three of my older sisters played as well. Even though I started the sport because of my family, it only took a year before I was in love with it! I ended up playing through my school for six years, and on a club team for five. It started to take over my life with practices almost every night and tournaments on most of the weekends, it was a lot but I loved it.  It wasn't until my junior year of high school when I stopped playing competitively. It started to get in the way of my school work and was a bit overwhelming.  It was really hard when I first stopped, it felt as if a chunk of my life was missing.  However, by quitting I was able to focus more on school and spend more time with my friends and family.  Although it was really hard at first I am very grateful for the opportunity I had to play for so many years growing up, and to this day I still jump on any opportunity I have to play volleyball for fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment